POSTPONED to September 21
Joint CSPG-CWLS-CSEG Convention:
As of May 25th, the format of the Conference is switched to virtual.
Initially scheduled for May 2020, the conference was postponed to September 21st to 23rd due to the COVID-19 outbreak and ensuing social distancing efforts.
Register at the link below
The conference is organized and endorsed by the following organizations:
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists (CSPG)
- Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicsits (CSEG)
- Canadian Well Logging Society (CWLS)
- Geological Association of Canada (GAC)
- Mineralogical Association of Canada (MAC)
- International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH)
Conference Website: geoconvention.com
Visit us at our virtual booth to catch up and see what’s new and exciting with Chinook Consulting
Join conference sessions with contributions from Chinook Consulting:
Title: Emerging Cretaceous Oil and Gas Play, Alberta, Canada. Controls on Productivity
- Presenter: Peter Bauman
- Session: Emerging Opportunities and Methodologies (September 23 1:25-4:35, Room 1)
- Date/Time: September 23, 2020; 03:20 to 03:45 PM
Title: Resistivity modeling use in geosteering thermal development wells
- Presenter: Calin Dragoie
- Session: Advancements in Operations (September 23 8:35-12:15, Room 1)
- Date/Time: September 23, 2020; 09:00 to 09:25 AM
GeoConference 2020 Updates
- Dec 6: Registration open: geoconvention.com/registration-information
- Jan 2: Abstract deadline: January 15, 2020
- Jan 15: Abstract deadline postponed to January 31, 2020
- Jan 20: Booth allocation in progress, Chinook confirmed at booth 313
- March 12: the GeoConference is postponed indefinitely due to Coronavirus outbreak
- March 13: Core Conference is postponed to August/Septemeber due to Coronavirus outbreak
- March 20: New dates for the conference announced: August 31 to September 2
- May 25: Conference pushed back to September 21-23, format changed to virtual.
- September 23: Conference starts in on-line format.
- October 2: attendance announced
2020 Virtual GeoConvention Highlights
A total of 1525 geoscientists attended the convention (1173 delegates and 353 exhibit visitors). 68 companies set up virtual exhibits, a 70% drop over last year’s in-person convention. Most attendees were representing E&P Companies (39%), followed by Service providers and independent consultants (14% each). Most attendees were Geologists, followed by Geophysicists and Engineers. Over 25 countries were represented at the convention.
There were 428 oral presentations and 144 posters presented at GeoConvention in 2020,a 154% and respectively 138% increase over last year. The online presentations were structured in 85 sessions, 20 of them broadcast live.
2019 GeoConvention Highlights
A total of 3164 geoscientists attended the convention (255 booth staff, 1342 delegates and 1511 exhibit visitors). 96 companies exhibited at the TELUS Centre, a 8% increase over last year, and 12% increase over 2017. Most attendees were representing E&P Companies (48%), followed by Service providers (19%). Most attendees were Geologists, followed by Geophysicists and Engineers. Over 30 countries were represented at the convention.
There were 277 oral presentations and 104 posters presented at GeoConvention in 2019.
Chinook will participate in various capacities at events throughout the year. Please see our list of events of 2020: