The job is on a consultancy basis. Candidates should be based in Calgary and able to legally work in Canada. The job pertains to geosteering operations run from Chinook’s Calgary office. Candidates should have strong organizational skills, a minimum of 5 years geosteering experience in diverse reservoirs and possess a BSc in Geology or Earth Sciences.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating geosteering operations ran from Chinook’s Geosteering Space, including:
- Setting up geosteering projects;
- Coordinating geosteering teams with rotation schedules and job assignments;
- Job and project management;
- Technical assistance for geosteering interpretations and decisions;
- Compiling and updating regional framework projects;
- Data management, large projects analytics;
- Communicating with clients and project owners;
- Minimum 5 years experience as geosteering geologist in diverse plays;
- Bachelors degree in Geology or Earth Sciences;
- Solid experience with active reservoir navigation based on MWD/LWD curves and geomodels;
- Geosteering experience in clastic and unconventional reservoirs;
- Solid experience with StarSteer geosteering software;
- Python knowledge is an asset;
- GIS understanding is an asset;
- Experience with multilateral well drilling is an asset;
- Experience with azimuthal resistivity tools interpretation is an asset;
Interested candidates should send resumes in MS Word format, including references and experience list.
Please quote job code 202306GSC.
Closing date: July 10, 2023
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.