Senior Wellsite Geologist
The job is on a consultancy basis. Candidates should be based in Western Canada, able to legally work in Canada and willing to work in remote areas. The job pertains to geological wellsite supervision at remote oil and gas drilling locations. Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years wellsite experience in the WCSB and internationally and possess a BSc in Geology or Earth Sciences.
Responsible for wellsite geological supervision in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and internationally, including:
- Petrographic analysis of drill cuttings: sample preparation, description (striplog) and interpretation;
- Identification of formation tops based on cuttings samples and MWD/LWD parameters;
- Landing build sections at precise stratigraphic horizons based on marker correlation;
- Reservoir navigation of horizontal wells based on drill cuttings lithology, drilling parameters, MWD/LWD parameters and offsetting information;
- On-site reservoir navigation with geosteering methods;
- Mudlogging supervision (total gas supervision and maintenance or chromatograph/spectrograph supervision and gas ratio interpretation);
- MWD and LWD supervision
- Wireline logging supervision and interpretation.
- Coring supervision, testing supervision and interpretation.
- Minimum 8 years experience, preferably in in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin;
- Bachelors degree in Geology or Earth Sciences;
- Solid experience with active reservoir navigation based on MWD/LWD curves, gas readings and drill cuttings;
- Experience with geosteering software;
- Thorough experience with horizontal well drilling;
- Experience with clastic and carbonate lithology, familiar with all drilling rig operations;
- Industry certification/training (H2S Alive, First Aid, WHIMS, TDG, CSO);
- Valid Alberta Class 5 drivers license or equivalent;
- Good computer skills, including striplog software and Office suite;
- Experience with multilateral well drilling is an asset;
Interested candidates should send resumes in MS Word format, including references.
Please quote job code 202309WSG.
Closing date: October 15, 2023
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.