Senior Wellsite Geologist
The job is on a consultancy basis. Candidates should be based in Western Canada, able to legally work in Canada and willing to work in remote areas. The job pertains to geological wellsite supervision at remote oil and gas drilling locations. Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years wellsite experience in the WCSB and internationally and possess a BSc in Geology or Earth Sciences.
Responsible for wellsite geological supervision in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and internationally, including:
- Drill cuttings preparation, description (striplog) and interpretation;
- Identification of formation tops based on cuttings samples and MWD/LWD parameters;
- Landing build sections at precise stratigraphic horizons based on marker correlation;
- Reservoir navigation of horizontal wells based on drill cuttings lithology, drilling parameters, MWD/LWD parameters and offsetting information;
- Mudlogging supervision (total gas supervision and maintenance or chromatograph/spectrograph supervision and gas ratio interpretation);
- MWD and LWD supervision, on-site geo steering;
- Wireline logging supervision and interpretation.
- Coring supervision, testing supervision and interpretation.
- Minimum 8 years experience in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin; International experience is an asset
- Bachelors degree in Geology or Earth Sciences;
- Solid experience with active reservoir navigation based on MWD/LWD curves, gas readings and drill cuttings;
- Industry certification/training (H2S Alive, First Aid, WHIMS, TDG, CSO);
- Valid Alberta Class 5 drivers license or equivalent;
- Experience with clastic and carbonate lithology, familiar with all drilling rig operations;
- Thorough experience with horizontal well drilling;
- Good computer skills, including striplog software and Office suite;
- Experience with multilateral well drilling is an asset;
- Experience with geosteering software is an asset;
Interested candidates should send resumes in MS Word format, including references.
Please quote job code 202205WSG.
Closing date: June 30, 2022
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.